Digital Production Manager
The Stone Ward Digital Production Manager is responsible for managing digital projects from inception to completion, managing workflow, internal processes and expectations to deliver high-end client solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner, as well as the ability to forge strong relationships with creative, account, technical and development teams.
This person will manage the successful execution of a wide variety of assigned digital initiatives which could include: emails, online banners, landing pages, mobile & tablet applications, social initiatives, website creation or redesign. This position is also responsible for managing the delivery of project deliverables on time and on budget.
The Digital Production Manager reports to the Director of Digital Innovation and Insight Planning and works collaboratively with:
- Brand Managers for planning, budgeting and measurement.
- Project Managers for scheduling.
- Content Specialists and Copywriters for creative writing needs.
- Designers/Art Directors for wireframe & completed designs to fit the content needs.
- Developers for programming and content management.
- Media Buyers for search optimization.
- Community Managers for social integration and content marketing opportunities.
- Analytics Manager for measurement.
- Develop and manage project scope, budget, and schedules for multiple projects (of all sizes) simultaneously and ensure controls are in place to deliver product on time, within budget and to quality.
- Oversee entire development process ensuring the highest quality of team communications and collaboration.
- Identify resource requirements, required skill sets and the allocation of team members to the core team.
- Create best practice techniques for managing risks and issues and conflict resolution.
- Ensures continuous stakeholder alignment between internal and external partners.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping, functional requirements and length-of engagement assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Owns and facilitates the creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Defines development lifecycles, project scopes and estimates.
- Drives toward successful completion of the agreed-upon project deliverables within scope, time and budget while meeting the highest quality standards.
- Owns and facilitates internal project status meetings.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Collaborates with Director and Technology Manager to identify and analyze risks and determine mitigation plans. Responsible for risk management and analysis including the ability to proactively identify project risks.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Effectively applies Stone Ward processes and enforces project standards.
- Oversees design, development, production and testing of projects – reporting any potential disputes, changing requirements or project slippage in a timely manner and assist in coordinating any solutions to problems identified pre- and post-launch.
- Acts as an effective interface between the creative and technical specialists communicating project requirements.
- Oversees management of freelancers/vendors, and execution of POs and invoices.
- Actively participates in team QA by creating, prioritizing and assigning QA tasks, tracking progress, escalating when appropriate, and resolving issues by approval.
- Champions and consistently employs, improves and shares project management processes, standards, templates and best practices.
- Supports establishment of agency-wide best practices in digital project management and knowledge collaboration.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Demonstrates an interest and awareness of trends and best practices in the digital space.
- Must have 3+ years of proven project leadership experience within a digital agency, web, or software development environment.
- Experience with multiple digital deliverables: media, web, direct, mobile, social.
- Demonstrates strong digital, technical and people skills, with the ability to produce strong documentation and work within the overall team.
- Ability to distill highly technical information and demonstrate actionable solutions.
- Able to ensure accountability among individual contributors. Possesses the leadership and authority required to move projects forward.
- Must possess excellent decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Basecamp, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, other project management software.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with a CMS system.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator.
- Ability to speak fluently with all agency disciplines as required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal, written, proofing and creative skills required.
- Ability to switch tasks quickly, often and in an organized manner.
- Flexibility: Ability to cope and adjust with change. It happens every day in this industry.
- Both leadership and team-player qualities are necessary to the organization of Stone Ward.
- A desire to learn and a willingness to always be a student.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to lead concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven business environment.