A Stone Ward Web Developer is responsible for working with the creative group to develop designs and concepts for websites, then follow through with coding and building the sites. A Web Developer enjoys solving problems and working within a small group.
The Web Developer reports to the Director of Digital Innovation and Insight Planning and works collaboratively with brand managers, project managers, community managers, art directors, and developers to present solutions for executing digital communications that include websites, social apps, mobile sites and apps, email campaigns and database integrations. The Stone Ward Technology Manager will approve all recommendations and work from the Web Developer.
Perform maintenance requests on existing digital properties each month.
Collaborate with key team members to develop, recommend and implement digital technologies, tools and platforms for digital properties.
Facilitate solutions of challenging technology problems with approaches that serve the client’s digital communications goals and can add to the agency’s portfolio of digital work.
Say “yes, and…” rather than “no” more often than not.
Contribute to creative discussions with technology-based ideas and opportunities.
Keep agency partners and teammates up-to-date on technology/development trends and industry best practices and assure that the agency is using these practices in its own development efforts.
Present product development opportunities for consideration by the agency for solving client needs and driving agency revenue.
Desire to learn, spirit to investigate curiosities and drive to teach.
- Computer science degree with focus on web development or at least 2 years work experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong HTML, CSS, and PHP coding skills.
- MySQL or other SQL database experience, ability to write SQL queries and troubleshoot database performance problems.
- Some Drupal, Wordpress, or similar PHP based CMS experience.
- Some command line Linux or OSX experience.
- Experience with web development for mobile devices.
- System administrator experience with a GNU/Linux based web hosting environment.
- Git or similar version control system.
- Understanding of key platforms, technologies and emerging opportunities in the digital field.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and teach others.