Who You Are
Stone Ward, a leading advertising, creative and digital agency, is looking for a Junior Web/SEO Developer to join our experienced development team. You will report to the Digital Strategy Manager and assist on all things related to web development and search engine optimization. This role is ideal for someone looking to begin or grow their career in web development.
To ensure success as a Junior Web/SEO Developer, you should have a good working knowledge of basic programming languages, search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment. Ultimately, a top-class Junior Web/SEO Developer provides valuable support to the development team while continually improving their coding skills.
The Junior Web/SEO Developer is responsible for:
- Assist the development team with all aspects of website coding.
- Learn the codebases and improving your coding skills.
- Write and maintain code.
- Work on minor bug fixes.
- Respond to requests from internal teams.
- Write technical documentation.
- Attend and contribute to department and company meetings.
- Research keywords based on website and web page requirements.
- Implement on-page SEO requirements, including title tags, meta descriptions, image alt tags, and content updates through CMS platforms like WordPress.
- Monitor the technical performance of websites.
- Monitor search engine updates to ensure client sites are compliant.
- Provide monthly recommendations to improve organic performance on client websites.
- 1-2 years of experience developing websites either for yourself or for a business as an employee/contractor.
- Experience with WordPress content management tools.
- Familiar with PHP and WordPress theme development.
- Familiar with SEO best practices and how SEO works.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud products including XD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
If you want to really impress us, you’ll have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience implementing SEO strategies.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
- Experience with Alpine.js
- Experience with SEMrush
Who We Are
Stone Ward is a full-service advertising agency with offices in Little Rock and Chicago and 35 years of experience. Stone Ward is a recognized leader in innovative marketing solutions throughout the region with dedicated teams devoted to strategy, creative development, digital technology, media, video production, client services, and public relations.
Our Shared Purpose
We are a creative force for good. Building partnerships, people, ideas and community.
Good is the lasting trust we build between brands and their customers, and between the agency and our clients. Good is believing in the potential of every person who works here and our obligation to contribute to community. Good is acknowledging that we should be measured against a high standard of excellence that results in big ideas.
Why You’ll Want to Work With Stone Ward
When it comes to agency life, we tend to think we’re the best. Stone Ward was recently named “Best Places to Work” by Inc. Magazine. We couldn’t fit all the perks on this sheet but here are a few of our favorites:
- 100% Employer-Paid Health Insurance.
- 6-weeks of PTO for either the mother or primary caregiver following the birth or adoption of a child and one week of PTO for the father or non-primary caregiver.
- Generous Time Off – In addition to accrued vacation time, we typically close the office between Christmas and New Year’s and several other holidays (paid time), and offer “Fourth Fridays,” in which the office closes at 2 p.m. on the fourth Friday of each month.
- Hybrid Office Schedule: In-office 2 days a week, WFH 3 days a week.
- Team members can be awarded a “Done Good” for a job well done and can be redeemed for cash or a donation to their favorite charity.
- Brain Food – Free, fully-stocked kitchen that’s available 24/7.
- Extra Vacations – After 10 years with the agency, team members get one extra week of paid vacation and $2,500 to use for traveling to a choice destination.
If you’re the right person for the job and want to start Building Good, tell us why.
Contact Rhen Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org