Art directors are the agency’s visionaries. Literally. They bring ideas to life through design, photography, illustration, video and animation.
Often working with a copywriter or creative director, an art director determines how to best represent a concept. They are responsible for the overall visual tone, style and execution of an advertising campaign. Art directors follow the strategy defined in a creative brief to ensure that their clients’ message is conveyed to its target audience. To fill this role, we’re looking for a creative whose work is not only striking but also compelling.
A day in the life of an art director may include:
- Collaborating with team members to create persuasive messaging
- Producing sketches, storyboards and roughs to visualize ideas
- Creating logos
- Working with different types of media
- Coordinating direction with other artistic and creative departments
- Presenting designs to team members and clients for approval
What you need to be an art director:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Ability to think conceptually and generate many ideas/concepts
- Proficiency in graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with digital design/UX a big plus
- Ability to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
- Passion for the craft with an appetite for new ideas and trends
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.